At first glance, it can be easy to think that technology we use everyday and indoor mold don’t even belong in the same sentence. But for individuals that have suffered from effects of mold toxicity or are still trying to recuperate from such an illness, you might want to think again – there’s actually a more complicated relationship that might be more relevant than you think.
Every year we’re seeing more and more research concluding that EMF radiation emitted from technology (as we’ve previously discovered), can actually contribute to a larger build up of toxic charge and actually intensify symptoms of mold toxicity.
But first – what exactly is mold toxicity? Well when you’re exposed to mold (or fungus) and its toxic metabolites (substances created or used by the body when the body breaks down food, drugs or other chemicals), you can develop a condition called the “mold illness”. This happens when the microscopic poisons found within the mold can get into the body and start to create damage and result in a variety of symptoms including:
- Respiratory Infections
- Cognitive strain
- Abdominal pain
- Unexplained weight change
- Numbness and tingling
- Mood swings
- Digestive issues (persistent bloating or constipation)
- Fatigue that affects daily functioning
- Feeling unusually thirsty
We’ve previously explored what EMFs are but now that we understand mold illness too, what’s the connection? Essentially when you’ve been exposed to harmful mold and are suffering from mold illness, your exposure to EMFs (from using devices & technology) can actually intensify its disastrous effects in 3 main ways:
- Triggering mold growth: There are studies that have concluded that mold growing in indoor settings (i.e. homes, buildings) can actually be strengthened by EMFs – essentially causing the mold to rapidly spread.
- Inducing the release of mycotoxins: EMFs can also cause the mold spores within your body to discharging an increased level of mycotoxins – meaning an increased level of poisonous biotoxins getting into your cells and causing damage.
- Growing toxic charge/burden: If you’re someone that’s already suffering from mold illness, your body is working extra hard to just manage and fight your current toxic load. Increasing your stream of toxins (in the form of EMFs) can actually mean your body’s working overtime – meaning your mold illness symptoms will actually worsen.